Saturday, February 15, 2014

Friendship



People define friendship in many different ways. It almost always means something different to you than it does to the person standing next to you. This is my definition of friendship. I have always been one to value true friendship. I believe there are many that come into your life for a reason, but there are only a few who stay and travel the distant with you.
Friendship is a personal relationship shared between each friend for the welfare of each other, in other words, it is a relationship of trust, faith and concern for each others feelings. It is a relationship of mutual caring and intimacy among one another. A friend is one who knows you as a person and regards you for what you are and doesn’t expect you to be anyone but who you choose to be.
  In certain cases friendship may not last for a long period of time and might end or lose its prime importance of love and regard for each other. There are some friendships which might end with unresolved conflicts and tiffs which means that these types of relationships were not strong enough to hold on in adversity and bad times. Friendship is not about who left but about who stays with you and weathers each and every storm. Friendship requires loyalty, truth and complete understanding. It involves communication when you don’t understand something. Communicating can be the difference between hurt feelings and the end of a friendship to the feeling of contentment and mutual understanding when someone is lost and needs some time to heal.
It should be understood that not all friends are best friends. One might come across numerous friends in this life but there are very few who will be their during your ups as well as stand by you when you are down. How you recognize your best friend is the one who will understand your strengths and shortcomings and would be with you matter what. Best friends put aside pride and hurt feelings, and just care enough about the other to save the friendship.
I’ve been lucky in this life to have a best friend and a few good friends that I can count on to be there when I need them. There have also been some hard lessons too. I have learned that I trust too much, share too much and give too much some of the time to people who just wouldn’t do the same for me. This has left me a bit more closed off than I used to be. I am slowly learning who is important and who really cares. I am learning who deserves my friendship and who I should forget.
That is my opinion of how the  bond between true friends is formed. So best of luck in finding or recognizing a true friend and if you have one, don’t let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment